A few tips on pixels of LED display(2)
263 views admin 2019-12-19
Since the lower pixel pitch makes the resolution higher, the lowest pixel pitch is always the best?
- The smaller the pixel pitch, the higher the pixel density. Higher pixel density means more LEDs on a screen, so LED screens can be more expensive and require higher maintenance. Pixel pitch also affects viewing distance and the visual performance of LED screens. Important business owners should carefully consider which LED display pixel is most cost-effective for their business needs. The ideal solution will always be a combination of cost and resolution.
How to choose the best pixel pitch for my LED display
- The pixel pitch is usually in the range of 4mm to 20mm for indoor viewing; the pixel pitch can be from 25mm to 50mm or higher for outdoor viewing-because the viewing distance is usually larger, outdoor LED screens tend to be larger than indoor screens.
When choosing the pixel pitch of LED screens
, two factors need to be considered.
- Optimal viewing distance for LED screens: When choosing a pixel pitch, it is important to first consider how far the viewer will look from the screen. The general formula for optimal viewing distance is:
- Pixel pitch (mm) / (0.3 ~ 0.8) (mm / m) = optimal viewing distance (m) For example, the optimal viewing distance for a 16mm pixel pitch LED screen is 20 ~ 53 meters; a viewer at a distance of 25 meters will be able to be clear Distinguish LED screens;
- However, those viewed from longer distances (eg 54 meters) will have smaller but acceptable sharpness. (This example is based on normal vision.)
- LED screen resolution: LED transparent displays are modular, so the resolution will vary based on the total screen size. Depending on the screen size, fonts of at least 9 font sizes can be displayed.
Pixel pitch and outdoor LED display
- For outdoor LED screens, Sunrise LEDs P3 and p5 are recommended for close viewing, and P16 for long distance viewing. Sunrise LED transparent displays are modular, so the resolution will vary depending on the total size of the screen. Depending on the screen size, fonts of at least 9 font sizes can be displayed.
- When selecting a transparent LED screen, the smaller the pixel pitch, the higher the resolution and the clearer the display. However, the pixel pitch has severely affected the cost and maintenance of the screen. When choosing pixel pitch, business owners must consider the cost, application and goals of LED displays
Sunrise LED Display factory
more articals: A few tips on pixels of LED display（1）